Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai is hosting a Blood Drive on September 28, 2015 from 13.30 – 16.00
Here are details from Bangkok Hospital about the screening criteria for blood donors:
1. Donor must weigh over 45 kg and be in good physical condition.
2. Age between 17- 70 years old. If 17 years old, must have consent from parent or guardian. First time donors must not be over 55 years old.
3. For donors 65-70 years old, must be a regular donor when they were 60-65 years old.
4. Regular donor means someone who has donated blood not more than twice per year, or once every 6 months.
5. Must be well rested the night before donation.
6. Must not have any symptoms of fever, upset stomach or diarrhea within the past 7 days.
7. Women must not be menstruating or breast feeding, or have miscarried within the last 6 months.
8. Must not have had drastic unexplained weight loss within the last 3 months
9. If donor has taken aspirin, painkillers or muscle relaxing medication, must wait 3 days before donating. If donor is taking antibiotics, must wait 7 days before donating.
10. Donor must not have any pre-existing conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, thyroid conditions, anemia, etc.
11. Donor must not have had a major surgery less than 6 months before donating, or less than 1 month for small surgery.
12. Donor must not have engaged in risky sexual behavior or have a history of drug abuse.
13. Must not have had a tattoo in the last year.
14. Must not have had a blood transfusion within the last year.
15. If donor has had malaria, must have recovered for at least 3 years. If donor has been in an area where malaria is prevalent, must have been more than 1 year ago.
16. Has not received any vaccinations within the last 14 days.
17. Donors should eat before donating but should not consumer foods high in fat and cholesterol.
Please encourage your friends and family members to participate in the September 28th Blood Drive. Questions? Call 052 089 741