Chiang Mai Expats Club – Annual General Meeting – 23 January 2016
Location: Le Meridien Hotel
Review of 2015 Activities
- The President, Nancy Lindley gave an overview of the events and accomplishments of 2015 and of some the aims and the objectives for 2016.
- Pat Corey gave a brief overview of the numbers of members and the breakdown by countries giving a picture of the changes over the years, particularly 2014-5.
- Jenny Croyston outlined how sponsors are selected. She also listed the new sponsors for 2016.
- Eveline Willi stressed what a valuable resource was the list of OGAs for GEG members and mentioned the newest additions.
- The Treasurer Darryl Jones presented the balance sheet for 2015. He also presented the proposed budget stressing that the document would require changes as new sponsors were added or removed for example during the year.
Hon. British Consul and CEC Member Ben Svasti gave an update on Consular Project with CM Immigration in developing an on-line queue for appointments for retirement extensions. Immigration is prepared to work in partnership with appropriate businesses to facilitate some of its procedures.
New Board Members
Since not more than eleven candidates stood for election to the Board, there was no need for an election. The president introduced the new board members: Janet Greenleaf, Preston Jewett, Ron Elliot, June Unland and Ian Baxter.
Members continuing are Pat Corey Jenny Croyston, Nancy Lindley, Eveline Willi, Trevor Dobson, and Darryl Jones.
After a brief discussion the President called for a vote on proposed new CEC Constitution. All but two members supported its acceptance. New Constitution can be viewed here: https://www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com/constitution/
After some questions and comments from the members, primarily about how the operating surplus could be spent (charitable contributions vs. member benefits) and questions directed to Consul Ben Svasti about the situation with Chiang Mai Immigration, the AGM was adjourned at 10 am.